The National CLT Network has played a leading role in developing a vision for the community led homes sector. We want to build a sector infrastructure that addresses the main barriers faced by community land trusts, cohousing communities, housing co-operatives and other community led groups.
This infrastructure has five key components:
- A national network of Enabler Hubs, that can provide high quality advice and support to all community led housing groups, and that aim to be financially sustainable.
- A training and accreditation scheme for people giving advice to groups, to improve the quality of advice and provide a route into the sector for experienced housing and community development professionals.
- A single website to help communities and other stakeholders learn about community led housing, find their nearest Enabler Hub, find sources of funding, and access technical resources.
- Seed corn funding for groups to help them get started, so they can then access mainstream funding from organisations like Homes England.
- Co-ordinated communications work so that more people learn about community led housing, either to start a project or to lend their support and services.
We have led on obtaining funding from the Nationwide Foundation and Power to Change to develop this vision, and from the Ministry of Housing Communities and Local Government to fund the work at scale.
Click here to get to the Community Led Homes website.
A Facebook group has also been set up for people to share knowledge and resources. Click here and you will be taken to the page.
Learn more about the thinking behind this in our blog - Coming together to build a lasting movement - from the launch of the partnership.