Setting up a Community Land Trust is an exciting opportunity but it can be a daunting task, especially when you start delving into the more technical aspects of governance, funding and development.
The CLT Handbook provides a helping hand throughout the process. It provides essential information on all the stages of setting up and running a CLT, from engaging with the community and the initial stages of formation right through to managing and stewarding the homes, workspaces, community hall or community pub.
It includes the following chapters:
- Starting Out - Engaging the community and key partners
- Proving housing need and allocating CLT homes
- Forming a CLT - governance and legal structures
- Making it stack up - project feasibility, business planning, funding and finance for CLT projects
- Tenure options - tenure, section 106 agreements, enduring mortgages are available.
- Land and planning
- Options for developing the scheme and taking it to completion
- Stewardship, management and community involvement
- Community rights
- Community energy generation
- Community food and farming.
The CLT Handbook is available FREE to Members of the National CLT Network. For more information on membership and other member benefits click here.