Setting up a Community Land Trust is an exciting opportunity but it can be a daunting task, especially when you start delving into the more technical aspects of governance, funding and development.
The CLT Handbook provides a helping hand throughout the process. It provides essential information on all the stages of setting up and running a CLT, from engaging with the community and the initial stages of formation right through to managing and stewarding the homes, workspaces, community hall or community pub.
It includes the following chapters:
- Starting Out - Engaging the community and key partners
- Proving housing need and allocating CLT homes
- Forming a CLT - governance and legal structures
- Making it stack up - project feasibility, business planning, funding and finance for CLT projects
- Tenure options - tenure, section 106 agreements, enduring mortgages are available.
- Land and planning
- Options for developing the scheme and taking it to completion
- Stewardship, management and community involvement
- Community rights
- Community energy generation
- Community food and farming.
The CLT Handbook is available FREE to Members of the National CLT Network. For more information on membership and other member benefits click here.
It is also available to buy for £25 + £4 postage and packaging. Please contact us at email@example.com or 020 3096 7790 to order a copy. Chapter 2 is available to download as a sample chapter.