Model partnership documents
Model documents have been prepared for CLTs and housing associations entering into a partnership arrangement. These have been developed by Somerset, Devon and Dorset CLT project and the Homes and Communities Agency .
There are three standard types of partnerships:
- Stand-alone CLT that receives services from a housing association
- Partnership #1: The CLT owns the land and the housing association delivers the scheme under a long-term lease
- Partnership #2: Housing association develops rented homes, CLT develops homes under resale covenant
Which partnership option is right for you?
An options appraisal has been developed to help compare the partnership options
1. Stand-alone CLT with services from a housing association
This is where a CLT develops and owns the site and obtains specific services from a housing association. A development agreement or service level agreement is required that sets out the respective roles in the partnership.
- Model development agreement (to be made available)
2. Partnership based on the CLT owning the land and the housing association developing the site under a long-term lease
The following model documents are available:
3. Partnership where housing association develops rented homes and CLT develops homes under resale covenant
No model documents are available at present.