The National Community Land Trust Network is calling on its members and supporters to campaign for the multi-million Community Housing Fund to be extended beyond 2019/20.
- The Fund could help communities build almost 6,000 homes in the next few years, but most will not make it if the Fund closes in December 2019.
- Envisaged as a five-year fund, delays have meant the Fund will only be open to bids for 18 months.
- The Government has said community led housing can play a key role in delivering additional housing stock, which the country so desperatley needs.
Together with our members we were instrumental in securing the £300 million Community Housing Fund which was originally announced in the 2016 Spring Budget.
We are rallying our members and supporters again to campaign for the Fund to be extended so that it can support community led housing groups and the delivery of truly affordable homes in the way it was intended.
Bids for funding currently need to be in by December 2019. This tight deadline means mean fewer groups than anticipated will benefit from the Fund, jeopardising the number of homes that could be built or brought back into use.
We want to see community led housing become a mainstream housing option that is available to people across the country.
Our campaign asks:
- Extend the Community Housing Fund beyond 2020.
- Introduce a proportionate system of reistration for Registered Providers intending to provide fewer than 100 homes.
- Ensure community led housing groups aren't thwarted by the Right to Buy and leasehold reforms.
Play your part in campaigning for long-term continuation of the Community Housing Fund:
- Read our briefing expalining why it's necessary that the Community Housing Fund goes beyond 2020.
- Download the template email below to send to your MP about the Community Housing Fund. (Please let us know when you have contacted your MP and any responses you get back.)
- Download the second email template below for your MP to send to the Housing Minister, Kit Malthouse, and include it in your email.